Finally, One of the much-awaited smartphone of the year, Samsung Galaxy Note 7, launched in India. The Company launched the device with their other accessories like Samsung GearVR, Gear IconX, Gear Fit2. By looking at the device, you will surely think about the design elements of this year’s previous flagships S7 and S7 Edge. Even, the internal specs of the device are nearly same as S7 Edge. So what makes the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 different from the other Samsung flagship devices?
Talking about the innovation which it brings in the Galaxy Note series.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Features
- It is the first phone ever comes with the Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- The Note 7 alongside with the S-pen is IP68 certified for water and dust resistance.
- The device comes with the Iris Scanner which makes it the first Samsung device comes with this feature.
- It has a USB Type-C port which is not available on any other Samsung device.
So, these are the features which make it different from other Samsung’s flagships.
The dual-sim variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is launched in India which is basically a hybrid slot supporting micro-SD card up to 256GB.
New S-Pen Features
- The new and improved S-Pen features on the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 now has the ability to create GIF image animations from videos using the Smart Select feature.
- The S Pen now also has a smaller tip than its previous versions.
- New Air Command functions for magnifying and translation.
- It is now Water and Dust resistant with an IPS68 rating.
- The quick shortcuts option has vanished, Create Note replaces Action Memo.
- Glance is there to take a peek into an app by hovering the S-Pen over an app icon.
- By extracting the S-Pen when the phone is in the inactive state, it activates Screen-Off Memo, where it’s possible to take quick notes on this black screen in white text.
- Now, S-Pen is more accurate than before, thanks to 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity – twice that of the Note 5.
Do Check This Out: LeEco launched its Super3 Series Android Smart Tv’s in India
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Specifications
Galaxy Note 7 features a dual-edge 5.7-inch QHD (1440×2560 pixels) Super-AMOLED Display. Its design is inspired by the Samsung’s previous flagships S7 and S7 Edge. But, with a big display, this phablet looks quite classy like previous Note series. The device runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box with Samsung’s own skin overlaid.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 variant in India powered by a Samsung Exynos 8890 Octa-core processor (four cores clocked at 2.3 GHz and other four cores clocked at 1.6 GHz), accompanied with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM. The phablet comes with 64GB of internal storage, which can be expanded up to 256GB with the help of micro-SD card. It has a Hybrid-dual sim slot supporting all the network bands. The device supports all the connectivity features including NFC, MST, 4G LTE etc. and supports all the sensors including Barometer, Gyroscope etc.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 features a 12-megapixel rear shooter camera with Dual-pixel technology for better low-light photography, PDAF, OIS, dual-LED Flash, Auto-HDR and a f/1.7 aperture. Also, the 5-megapixel selfie camera on the front which also has an aperture of f/1.7.
The Phablet features a 3500mAh non-removable battery. It supports fast-charging on both wired and wireless chargers, compatible with WPC and PMA wireless charging standards. Looking at its size, the device feels light in the hand. It weighs only 169 grams.
Talking about security, The Company says that the Galaxy Note 7’s Knox security suite now supports biometric authentication from both the Iris and Fingerprint Scanner.
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has been priced at Rs.59,900 in India. Pre-bookings of the devices will start from August 22 and will last until August 30. The quantities are limited in this period. Users can also get the new Samsung GearVR at a discounted price of Rs.1,990 under this Pre-booking offer.
The device will become available in the country from September 2 in only three colour variants – Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium and Black Onyx. The Blue Coral colour variant not launched in India this time.