Recently, Huawei launched its latest flagship of P-series “Huawei P9” in India at an exclusive event in New Delhi. The phone has created a hype in past few days mainly for its dual lens cameras that fully unleashes the power of Leica optical lens. It’s like taking a mini-DSLR in the pocket. So let’s see will it be a worth to buy this phone for only photography purpose or you will get some extra features too!!
Well, Huawei P9 is a camera-centric phone basically. So, I am going to start with its camera specifications first, which is the key highlight of the device.
— Huawei P9’s dual lens Camera
This time, Huawei collaborated with Leica Camera AG, a globally operating, premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products to bring the innovation in smartphone’s camera technology. The Huawei P9 brings together the best-in-class hardware and software, from optical lenses to sensors, to image processing algorithms, empowering users to capture the highest-quality images.
The key feature of this flagship is its dual cameras. One of them is the RGB camera specializes in capturing color, while the other is the monochrome camera which is outstanding at acquiring picture detail. The dual camera of the Huawei P9 works together enabling users to create images of superior detail, depth, and color.
Key Specifications of the Camera
- 12-megapixel dual rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 27mm, Leica optic lens. With PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash for clarity in every shot.
- Anti-reflective, oleophobic, and infrared-absorbing lens coating reduces glare, prevents fingerprints, and stops unwanted IR light from reaching the sensor.
- Smartimage 3.0 image processor with a variety of creative filters and shooting modes.
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture, BSI sensor, and 77° wide-angle lens. Four-element (4P) lens ensures crystal-clear image rendering for stunning selfies.
- Hybrid-focus technology.
- Prime image signal processor with automatic scene recognition
- Camera Modes includes Light Painting (Tail light trails, Light graffiti, Silky water, Star Track), Super night, Pro Camera, Beauty, Beauty Video, Panorama, HDR, Watermark, Audio-note, Ultra snapshot, Capture smiles, Audio control, Timer, Touch to capture, Monochrome, Document Recognition, Virtual aperture photo, Film mode
Professional Camera Modes:
- Pro Camera functions include shutter mode, ISO, white balance, exposure compensation, focus mode, and metering mode. Parameters can be adjusted in each mode to assist the user in taking the better quality photos.
- A 3 x 3 grid and helical curve are provided to aid the user in taking more professional and distinctive photos.
Except for all these amazing features of the Huawei P9’s Camera, it lacks one major thing which is the 4K video recording. Yes, the device is not able to record 4K videos, which is the major drawback of this camera-centric device.
Design & Build Quality
The Huawei P9 designed ergonomically and we can say that it is one of the best-looking flagships available in the market. It features an Aircraft-grade aluminium alloy body(as per the company) finished with a brushed metal effect for a smooth, textured look. It comes with a virtual triple antenna which means you don’t need to worry about your hand position under different signal conditions. You can see the speakers at the bottom for giving you the greater clarity and more powerful audio. The dual cameras on the back with Leica branding and the square-shaped fingerprint sensor ascends the glory of the device.
The sides are metallic as well with volume rockers and power button on the right and a hybrid sim-card slot on the left. On the bottom of the device, you can see a USB Type-C port, microphone-grill, and the speakers. Overall, the build quality is nice and the device looks quite stylish.
Do Check This Out : Asus Zenwatch 3 – Leaks, Renders, Features
The Huawei P9 comes with a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display having 1920×1080 pixel resolution with improved color reproduction. The display having a pixel density of 423PPI and also supports 16.7 million colors. The device does not feature any 2K or 4K display which now comes with other flagships but you will not disappoint while watching Full-HD movies or by playing high-end games. The low-reflection, fully laminated LTPS GFF screen renders images that are vivid and crisp.
Performance of Huawei P9
The Huawei P9 is packed with company’s own all-new Kirin 955 chipset. This octa-core processor comes with 4 x Cortex A72 cores clocked at a 2.5 GHz and 4 x Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. Along with 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage, you will experience a smooth and lag-free experience. With the all new Huawei’s new EMUI 4.1 OS, you can do a whole lot more than just unlocking the device with the Fingerprint sensor like answering the calls, pull down the notifications shade etc.
Powerful Mali-T880 GPU ensures seamless gaming experience on the Huawei P9. The device is 4G-enabled and supports all the connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS.
Pricing & Availability
Huawei P9 is priced at Rs.39,999. But, looking at all the specs, don’t you think the price for this device is a bit high. You can buy OnePlus 3 or Xiaomi Mi5 which offers more powerful specs than Huawei P9 at a much lower price. Well, the Camera performance of this device is amazing. If you are a photography geek than you should definitely go with it. It’s not a value-for-money phone. But, if you want a good camera phone without worrying about the budget then go for it. Otherwise, you have many options available in the market.