Reliance Jio sim is now available for all the 4G smartphone users in the country along with the welcome offer starting Monday, September 5. The welcome offer includes unlimited 4G data(4GB/day), calling and SMS benefits until 31st December 2016. Well, this JIO sim has been created a huge hype in the past few weeks because of its introductory offer of Unlimited 4G data and calling. Previously, it was available for only LYF and Samsung smartphone users but time-to-time more companies had been added and now it’s available for all the 4G smartphone users. The offer is amazing but the problem faced by users is that they are concerned about losing their existing number associated with other telecom companies like Airtel, Idea, Vodafone etc. So today, in this article we are going to tell you “How to get Reliance Jio sim without changing your existing number“.
It is mandatory for all network providers to allow nationwide Mobile Number Portability (MNP). It would allow users to keep their existing numbers while switching carriers despite relocation from one state to another. Well, this process will benefit those users who don’t have a dual-sim smartphone or any other device in which they can use the JIO sim. That means they don’t have to lose their existing numbers to avail the Jio’s welcome offer.
Mobile Number Portability process to Jio’s Network :
- First, send a text message to the current telecom operator requesting a port out (send PORT to 1900).
- You will receive a Unique Porting Code from 1901, which will be valid for 15 days.
- After that, go to any Reliance Mobile Store or retailer and fill a Customer Application Form (CAF) and tick the port out request and fill the porting code.
- You must carry a valid proof of identity, address, and a passport size photograph for verification.
- Then, Store representative will then issue a new Jio SIM card.
- Now, continue using the SIM card with the current service provider until it is deactivated and after that swap it with the Jio SIM card.
Do Check this out: Huawei P9 – A smartphone for photography lovers!!
A nominal fee of Rs.19 will be charged to process the porting request. Normally, It takes up to seven days to activate the Jio SIM. And, one thing keeps in mind that during the porting process your current number will remain inaccessible for about two hours (between 10 pm and 5 am).
Also, the Unique Porting Code is valid for one-time use only and cannot be used again to return to the old carrier or another operator. MNP process on the new SIM will be blocked for at least 90 days.
Well, this MNP for Jio is a danger sign for other telecom companies as Mukesh Ambani, Chairman, Reliance Industries had already revealed the disruptive data prices. Now, let’s see what other telecom companies will do for their new rival.
If you have any queries regarding the topic then do ask your questions in the comment section below.