Asus Zenfone 5Z has been recently launched in India in competition with the OnePlus 6. Both the smartphones are the flagship model of their companies. But now with the launch of this new device by Asus, the sale of OnePlus 6 devices will affect definitely. So let’s talk about the main specifications of this new Asus Zenfone 5Z which makes it the best alternative to OnePlus 6.
What’s inside the Asus Zenfone 5Z?
The Asus Zenfone 5Z comes with the powerful Snapdragon 845 chipset which ensures the lag-free experience. The Adreno 630 GPU makes it more powerful while playing high-end games like PUBG. The phone comes in three memory variants – 6GB/64Gb, 6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB.
The next beautiful thing about this device is its 6.2″ Full-HD+ Super IPS display of 90% screen-to-body ratio. The display is quite crisp and the trendy notch is also present on the top of the screen.
Camera specs of Asus Zenfone 5Z
Talking about the cameras of the device, it comes with a 12MP camera which features a Sony IMX363 flagship sensor, f/1.8 aperture, and a pixel size of 1.4 micrometers. It also comes with other features such as Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), 4K/UHD Video Recording, Night HDR, and can capture images with resolution up to 48 MP. It is basically a dual- camera setup in which the other camera is an 8MP 120° wide angle camera.
The selfie camera turns out to be an 8MP comes with a f/2.0 aperture, 83-degree field of view, and also supports Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS).
How much will this flagship cost you?
The best thing which Asus does this time again is setting the aggressive pricing for this flagship. The Asus Zenfone 5Z price starts at Rs.29,999 for the base variant and ends at Rs.36,999 for the top-notch variant which makes it a worth buy.
Additionally, ICICI Bank credit or debit card holder can avail flat Rs.3,000 instant discount. Other launch offers include No cost EMI starting from Rs.3,333 per month and Flipkart’s Complete Mobile Protection plan worth Rs.2299 just for Rs. 499.
After this offer, I don’t think that anyone can deny this powerful flagship device. After the success of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, the company now wants to win over the flagship segment as well.
With the launch of this device, you guys must be confused whether to choose the Asus Zenfone 5Z or OnePlus 6 as your new smartphone. Right? So, you don’t have to worry because now I am going to answer most of the frequently asked questions related to both the flagships. I hope all your queries will be clear after going through the FAQ.
FAQs related to the comparison between Asus Zenfone 5Z and OnePlus 6
What is the main difference between both the flagships?
– There is not so much difference between both the flagships if we compare specs and all but one thing which makes the Asus Zenfone 5Z different is the AI integration. The use of Artifical Intelligence in the device enhances the performance whether it is related to the battery life or the Camera performance.
But, if we talk about the OnePlus 6, it doesn’t support the AI integration. Still, the performance of the device as well as of its cameras are quite good.
Is the Asus Zenfone 5Z water- resistant?
– The device is not water- resistant. Even the other smartphones in this range like OnePlus 6 and Honor 10 are not water- resistant as there is no IP rating mentioned.
How AI- charging works in Asus Zenfone 5Z?
– Asus is the first company to introduce AI-charging in the smartphone which is a very good feature. To know how it works, suppose you are going to bed and put your device on charging so that when you get up in the morning, your device will be fully charged. But, do you ever think that by doing this the battery life of your device is decreasing. Also, many of you guys have noticed that after a year of usage the battery of your device starts draining quickly and took more time to charge your device than before.
So, with this new AI-charging feature, you don’t have to worry about that problem anymore. In this feature, you have to set up the time by which you want your device to be fully charged. Suppose you go to bed at 12:00 clock and wants your device to be fully charged at 9:00 clock in the morning. Then what this feature does is to start the charging and when it reaches 99%, the charging will automatically stop. After that, it leaves to drain the battery and after some time, it will start charging again. By repeating this process automatically, you will get your 100% charging at 9:00 clock. So, this AI-charging ensures to maintain the lifespan of the battery.
There is also an option to keep AI-charging ON and OFF as per your requirement.
Whose camera performance is better – Asus Zenfone 5Z or OnePlus 6?
– The camera performance of both the devices is pretty good. But, the low-light performance is better in Asus Zenfone 5Z and the daylight performance is better in OnePlus 6. Still, there is not a huge difference b/w the cameras just a slight up and down flaws.
Does it have a LED notification light?
– Yes, both the flagships have a multi-color LED notification light on the notch.
Does it support fast- charging like OnePlus 6 Dash charge?
– Yes, the Asus Zenfone 5Z is Quickcharge 3.0 certified which means if you have a Quickcharge supported adapter then it will fast charge your device. But, the charger you get with this device is not a fast charger but it’s an 18W power adapter which will take just a little more time than OnePlus 6 to fully charge your device.
Does it have Stereo speakers?
– Yes, the device supports dual stereo speakers- one is at the bottom of the device and the other is at the notch which is basically your calling speaker. This is a plus point for the Asus Zenfone 5Z over the OnePlus 6 which has a single speaker only. Actually, it does make a difference while playing multimedia and brings you an immersive experience.
Does it have a better battery backup than the OnePlus 6?
– Yes, it does have a better battery backup than the OnePlus 6 but just by a slightly little margin.
Does it have a 3.5mm headphone jack? And what about the audio quality by good earphones?
– Yes, it does have a dedicated 3.5mm headphone jack. Also, the device comes with a pretty good quality earphone inside the box which you don’t get with OnePlus 6. So, a plus point to Asus for that too. The audio quality you get on Asus Zenfone 5Z is far better than the OnePlus 6.
How many Android updates you will get on this device?
– Well, you will get to see the Android P on this device which is confirmed. Also, you will get Security updates time-to-time for over 2 years as well.
What is AI-Boost?
– It is another pretty interesting AI function which you will not use normally because it overclocks the device automatically when you enabled it. Although, the device is pretty fast thanks to the Snapdragon 845 chipset.
Does it have a Portrait-mode on the Front-facing camera as well?
– Yes, it does have a selfie portrait-mode which works pretty well. And, the selfie camera of OnePlus 6 doesn’t have a selfie portrait-mode. So, a plus point to that as well.
So, here ends all the questions. I hope that all of your queries related to the Asus Zenfone 5Z has cleared by now. But still, if I miss something then don’t forget to ask in the comment section below. I will reply to each one of you.
If this article helps you clear your doubts then do share this article with your friends with the help of the share buttons below. Also, do follow us on our social platforms – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.